GardenWalk is not a contest or a roster of expert gardeners. GardenWalk gardeners have chosen to put their gardens on GardenWalk because they have put time and energy into their gardens, they are proud of them and want to share and teach and learn. By taking the self-guided tour you can:
- Get and give ideas on gardening and neighborhood living
- See and learn about all sorts of flowers, trees, vegetables, fruits, birds, and bees, and art
- Be wowed by the spirit of gardeners whose yards have changed the blocks where they live
- Hear Cleveland history at a personal level from gardeners and other people you will meet
In 2019, 270 gardens representing seven neighborhoods participated in GardenWalk Cleveland.
The GardenWalk Cleveland 2020 neighborhoods are:
Safety measures will be in place at all locations. Visitors are required to practice social distancing and wear masks. Each GardenWalk neighborhood has an Information Station with GardenWalk maps, a light snack, and something to drink. At Information Stations, you will find additional information about the neighborhood, restaurants and other amenities. Look for the GardenWalk banner in front of the property.
Saturday, July 11
- West Park: 16610 Chatfield Ave
- Fairfax: 2229 E 97 St
- Broadway Slavic Village: John Paul II Heritage Garden at E 65th & Hosmer, SE Corner
Sunday, July 12
- Old Brooklyn: 4160 Ridgeview Rd
- Little Italy: Little Italy Redevelopment Corp, 12010 Mayfield Rd
- Detroit Shoreway: Labyrinth Park at W 65th & W Clinton, NE Corner